Hi all and welcome back, or if you’re new here, nice to meet you! I’m so glad you stopped by~
As part two of my gyaru series I wanted to compile a list of some great makeup products that you can get easily online or in store that will have you looking gyaru quicker than you can say kawaii!
I’ll list my favorite products by type so if you’re looking for a specific item you’ll be able to find it super easily!
-BB or CC Creams
While I’d say that the Dream BB Cream by Maybelline is pretty accessible in store, I honestly wasn’t too impressed with it. Other good alternatives are the Lebalage BB Cream which can be bought from eBay for about $4.50 at most or a Missha or Etude House product. I’m currently using Lebalage and really like it but I’ve heard great things about Etude House and Missha’s BB creams as well. I also bought my mom the Rivecowe BB Cream from eBay and she loves it!
- NYX’s Full Coverage Foundation has to be the best I’ve ever used, and I’ve tried a ton. For someone who wants a flawless gyaru face (like me) but has discoloration or scarring, this is perfect!
- Avon’s Magix is also amazing! It has a light to medium coverage and comes in a great selection of shades. It’s almost like a BB Cream because it is so soft and light on your face. My mom and I swear by it!
- If you want a great, cheap primer than the ELF pump primer is for you! This is pretty much the only one I use, but I’d also recommend NYX’s HD Primer.
- I was in love with ELF’s pretty peachy blush until it fell and cracked… but I still use it! This blush is cheap but lasts throughout the day and ELF has such a great range of colors. You won’t regret this if you’re looking for a subtle powder blush!
- ELF’s Essential All Over Cover Stick is also great. I was gifted one for my birthday in the color lemonade and although I don’t use it as frequently it’s still great. Not only does it give you a lit from within glow on your cheeks but it gives a nice tint to the lips.
- I bought the Physician’s Formula Sexy Booster Blush on sale and love it. Although it doesn’t stay long it has vibrant color and a soft, vanilla scent.
- I swear by NYX’s Butter Gloss. They have great subtle nudes that are perfect for a natural look or a gyaru style!
- I also have the Infallible Never Fail Gloss (I believe it is in Petal 105 and not only does it stay all day but it has a gorgeous pink shimmer. I like rocking this gloss with foundation underneath and this pretty pink all over for a subtly glam kogal look.
The eyes are so important in gyaru!
- Gyaru makeup is simple but cute, so I’d recommend just a basic nude palette. You don’t have to get something as expensive as the Naked, just something of your choice. I am personally loving my Faked (fake Naked, which WMM will not let me upload my review on!) and given my satisfaction with NYX products I’d also recommend their newer nude palettes.
- If you’re not planning on wearing falsies too often, I would just pick up a few Eyelure sets at either Ulta or Walgreens, whichever is easier and cheaper. If you would like to wear lashes more often and would like bottom lashes as well, head straight to eBay! I got ten pairs of lashes handmade from Taiwan for about $2 and I have 120 individuals coming for $1.98.
- Clump Crusher by Covergirl is by far the best mascara ever. Even socialites like Paris Hilton swear by it! The brush and formula are perfect for getting those giant gyaru lashes that are huge but never clumpy. To be honest, I’ve tried high-end mascaras like Bad Gal Lash and none have been as good as Clump Crusher.
I already have prescription contacts so I don’t wear these, however I have heard that Honey Color is a great place to go for gyaru appropriate contacts.
So there you have it- these are products that I love and are perfect for gyaru! As I try more products and see what I like the list will be updated, so make sure to stay tuned if you found this helpful!